To help you find the perfect home that’s right for you, here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Find a Real Estate Consultant
2. Visit your local lender before you start looking to determine a finical game plan for your future home. When you are working with you lender make sure you get a pre-approval letter handed or emailed to you.
3. Contact your Realtor (Janette Ybarra) to visit homes or open houses sponsored by builders or real estate agents to find the style of home and neighborhood you desire.
4. Look for guidance from your Realtor for the quality of construction, especially cabinetry, carpeting, trim, and paint.
5. Always keep value in mind when shopping. Consider the factors that could potentially influence the price and desirability of the property, including housing supply and demand, schools, new development, and the condition of neighboring homes.
6. Determine whether it will meet your needs now and in the future. (Growth of family)
7. Consider the location of the home and whether it’s ideal for your family needs. Is it near parks, shopping, transportation, or other places that interest you?
8. Read and make sure you understand everything in all contracts and forms before you sign. When buying a resale you must have 1% of the asking price for earnest money.
Ask questions! Your REALTOR® and loan officer are there to help you with the home-buying process, so take advantage of their knowledge. No matter how simple or complex your questions are, it’s important to get the answers you need to buy the home of your dreams!
Happy House Hunting
Janette Ybarra Realtor Specializing in Buyers Education
Austin International Group at Keller Williams Realty